Monday, March 13, 2017

A Grandson's Tribute



A Grandson’s Tribute

My kids are fairly young to have no grandparents left. Their last one, my mom, was laid to rest the beginning of March. I told my younger son that his grandfather wrote a poem to his grandmother before they were married when he was away in the Navy. I have to go through old papers to see if I can find a copy. My son wants to read it. In the meantime, he wrote a poem from my father’s point of view to read at my mom’s Memorial Service that I thought I’d share.


Our World Now


Rest now your weary eyes
For when you awaken, you’re once more mine.
Take my hand and leave behind
Your mortal shell while your essence shines.

Hear my voice call your name.
Your beautiful soul has never changed.
Exposed to me now, what was within
That always radiated beneath your skin.

Now you leave your grief behind
And join me now outside of time
No longer longing for the stars,
The Earth, the sea, the sky is ours.

We’ll dance amongst the midnight flora
And illuminate it with our aura.
Joy beyond the moon and sun
Fills me now that we are one.

1 comment: